INGREDIENTS (makes 6 summer rolls):
– 6 Rice paper wrappers (find these at your Asian market)
– 1/4 cup water
– 1/4 cup peanut butter
– 1/4 teaspoon Garlic powder
– 1 tablespoon Kecap Manis (sweet soy sauce)
– 1 tablespoon Apple cider or rice vinegar
– 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon Chili Garlic Sauce
– 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
– 2 cups cabbage, shredded
– 1 cup Thai Basil, leaves only
– 1/2 cup baby carrots
– 1 medium apple (quartered, no need to peel)
– 20 g raisins
– 30 g peanuts, roasted
To make the peanut Sauce:
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and whisk until you have a smooth consistency. You can also use a blender.
Add shredded cabbage to the mixing bowl with the sauce.
Pulse basil and remaining filling ingredients in food processor fitted with an S blade until finely chopped. Add them to the mixing bowl.
Fill a large bowl or pie dish with warm water and set it next to a large plate.
Submerge one rice paper wrapper in the warm water for about 15-20 seconds and then place the wrapper on the large plate.
Place about 1/4 cup of filling in the center of the wrapper.
Carefully fold sides of wrapper over filling and then fold the front over and roll forward to wrap and seal the roll.
Serve immediately or cover with a damp paper towel and store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for later.
SERVINGS: 2 (3 rolls per person as an entree)
PER SERVING: 454 kcal, 23 g fat, 53 g carbs, 10 g fiber, 28 g sugar, 15 g protein