Using stone ground chickpea flour such as Bob’s Red Mill yields much better results than chickpea flour “besan” bought at middle eastern stores. Allowing the batter to rest for at least 20 minutes eliminates lumps. I like to serve mine with fruit warm preserves.
Low calorie recipe, clocking in at about 270 kcal total, and 12 g protein. Gluten-free.
- 1/2 cup Chickpea Flour
– 1/3 – 1/2 cup Water
– 1/4 teaspoon Baking Powder
– 1 pinch Sea Salt
– 1 tablespoon Flax seeds, ground
– 1/2 medium Banana , mashed or chopped
1. Mix first 4 ingredients (flour through salt), cover with bamboo mat or paper towel and let batter rest overnight.
2. In the morning, add freshly ground flax seeds and mashed banana. Add a little water if batter is too thick.
SERVINGS: 1 large or 3 small crepes